A Reason to Cheer, Be Inspired and Get Involved
We couldn’t do what we do without the help of our fantastic volunteers, so join us!
Email Beth Neale, Volunteer Coordinator, at Beth.Neale@gotrneflorida.org if you are interested in volunteering for any of the below!
Current Volunteer Opportunities:
* Coaching– coach a team of girls through the Fall or Spring session while educating them on important life lessons and helping them train for a 5K run. For more details, visit our page entitled “Be a Coach”.
* Sole Mates — join GOTR’s adult charity running team and run a Marathon/Half-Marathon while raising money to support GOTR and our mission!
* Special Events — take part in one of our unique fundraiser events to help suport GOTR and our girls. This fall we will be hosting our annual Run Wild! on White Oak Plantation run. Check back for more details this summer!
* Site Champion — help bring GOTR to your local school or organization
* Adopt a Runner — help sponsor a girl for her first 5K race. As a nonprofit organization, there are many simple ways to truly make a difference with a gift. For more details, click on our “Adopt a Runner” page.
*** Special Events Committee –The Special Events Committee is charged with planning, staffing and executing activities throughout the year for GOTR of N.E. Florida.We are also have a race committee to help plan and coordinate our end of season 5K. In addition, this committee staffs tables or water stops at local races throughout the Spring and Fall to raise awareness for GOTR.
*** Administrative Committee — The Administrative Committee is charged with assisting the Program Manager in organizing and delivering/distributing seasonal marketing materials, flyers, and registration brochures.The committee is also responsible for aiding GOTR in the preparation and assembly of coaching materials prior to the start of the season and at the completion of the season. Committee “parties” are extremely flexible and can be determined by whichever dates work best for the group and the Program Manager. Food and fun are always involved!
*** Our Special Events Committe and Administrative Comittee are brand new! We need plenty of new volunteers to help with these two committees! Don’t delay! Email Girls on the Run today at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information! ***
Requirements for Volunteers:
* Genuine interest in leading a healthy life.
* Interest in physical fitness or running.
* Commitment to the mission of GOTR.
* Reliable, honest and positive outlook on life.
* Interest in the issues facing young women today.
* Desire to get involved in a nonprofit organization and help create public awareness.
To join our amazing team of volunteers, email us at email@example.com or call us at 904.619.6763. Thank you!!
Do You have items to donate, rather than time?
As a nonprofit organization, Girls on the Run continually seeks to keep costs low so that we may continue to serve our girls at a reasonable fee. Below is a list of items that we would greatly benefit from receiving as donations to our local council:
Beads & Stickers
First Aid Kits
Tape/Scissors/Glue Sticks/General Office Supplies